Silver, Lancashire Fire & Rescue Services
It is not just down to good fortune that we have the lowest sickness absences of all Fire and Rescue Services in the UK.
Lancashire Fire and Rescue scoops ‘Healthy Workforce’ Award
The Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service has one of the healthiest workforces in the country, and that’s official!
In a double-header achievement the Service has lifted the Central Lancashire Primary Care Trust’s Bronze and Silver Health Works Award.
In their assessment, the awards panel are reported to have been particularly pleased with the Service’s:
- Channels of communication, whether face-to-face, in writing or electronically
- Human Resource policies and procedures
- Equality and Diversity Strategy and the continuing work being done to address issues of ethnicity, gender, age or disability, with sophisticated and supportive arrangements to accommodate the needs of working mothers, other faiths and disabilities
- Highly effective rehabilitation procedures for sick or injured employees
- Team work of a high standard throughout the Service
- High performance from Occupational Health and Health and Safety teams
- Firefighter fitness is at a high level
Chief Fire Officer, Peter Holland, states,
“That is an impressive list of attributes, and no surprises to learn that a Gold Award is very much in prospect in the near future! It is not just down to good fortune that we have the lowest sickness absences of all Fire and Rescue Services in the UK.”
“We work hard to ensure that the necessary support is in place to create a healthy workforce and I’m delighted with this confirmation from such an authoritative source that we are consistently getting the right results from our comprehensive staff welfare and support policies and procedures.”
“Though it is reassuring to know that our staff are supremely fit and well, it means of course that our service to the public is maximised with everyone working at their best to serve the people of Lancashire.”
You can view more information on Lancashire Fire & Rescue Services here.